Vi Director of Resident Svcs-DORS in Scottsdale, Arizona
Create your own story.
Something inspiring is happening at Vi, a continuing care retirement community. There's real energy and enthusiasm, genuine warmth and approachability. And a deep sense of respect and family that's impossible to ignore--between our residents and our staff and, perhaps more importantly, between our team members. Part of a fulfilling career is not just doing work you love, but doing it alongside (and for) people you admire and grow to love. This is the Vi story. How will your story unfold?
Director of Resident Services
A desirable opportunity exists for a highly accomplished professional to promote a healthy, enriching environment through management of resident services. The selected candidate will manage the aging continuum within the framework of the Company's mission and core values; identifies, manages and evaluates ancillary personnel in order to provide high quality services and amenities to residents.
Qualified applicants are required to possess a minimum of 10 years prior experience in a similar role with management experience in an area that has a strong emphasis on gerontology (i.e., social worker, nurse, or psychologist). Bachelor's Degree in Social Work, Nursing, Sociology, Psychology, and/or Gerontology or a related field is required. Master's Degree is preferred. Current CPR certification is required or must be willing and able to become CPR certified.
Additional requirements include:
* Knowledge, understanding and demonstrated ability to deal with gerontological issues.
* Knowledge of Federal and State laws regarding elder care and assisted living and subsequent compliance requirements.
* Demonstrated project management skills.
* Excellent communication and listening skills, enthusiastic, resourceful, organized and possesses strong personal awareness of nonverbal communication.
* Ability to use a resident and customer-focused approach to problem solving, goal setting and management philosophy.
* Computer skills including proficiency in MS Office.
Vi offers hours that support work/life balance, competitive compensation and exceptional benefits. Ours is a luxury work environment where opportunities for career development are delivered in ways few companies can match.
Bring life to your career
Vi is an equal opportunity employer, committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, regardless of sex; race; color; creed; national origin; religion; age; marital status; pregnancy; physical, mental or sensory disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.