Vi Assistant Director of Engineering in Palo Alto, California
Create your own story.
Something inspiring is happening at Vi, a continuing care retirement community. There's real energy and enthusiasm, genuine warmth and approachability. And a deep sense of respect and family that's impossible to ignore--between our residents and our staff and, perhaps more importantly, between our team members. Part of a fulfilling career is not just doing work you love, but doing it alongside (and for) people you admire and grow to love. This is the Vi story. How will your story unfold?
Assistant Director of Engineering
A desirable opportunity exists for a highly accomplished professional to supervise the maintenance staff and assists in the maintenance of the mechanical functioning of the building structure and systems to ensure a safe and comfortable environment for residents and guests. This selected candidate will be responsible for the operation of the department in the Director's absence.
Qualified applicants will possess a minimum of 7 years progressive experience in building maintenance or equivalent with at least three years of supervisory experience in a maintenance department; Experienced in working with contractors, bid documents, insurance requirements, contracts, invoicing and budgetary guidelines preferred. High school diploma or GED equivalency. Must have a valid driver's license, where applicable. Universal Refrigerant certification preferred. AFE (Association of Facility Engineers) Plant Supervisor certification preferred.
Additional requirements include:
* Must be able to assess critical situations, respond and delegate solutions to those situations effectively.
* Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Must be able to handle all hand and power tools correctly and safely.
* Must have a thorough knowledge of all facets of construction and the building trade.
* Must understand all local and federal regulations and have proven knowledge in acceptable industry standards.
* Must be able to construct and submit bidding documents and decipher all proposals to verify that all requirements have been met.
* Requires proficiency in Microsoft Office, knowledge in Project Management and Scheduling.
Vi offers hours that support work/life balance, competitive compensation and exceptional benefits. Ours is a luxury work environment where opportunities for career development are delivered in ways few companies can match.
Bring life to your career.
620 Sandhill Road, Palo Alto, California 94304
Vi is an equal opportunity employer, committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, regardless of sex; race; color; creed; national origin; religion; age; marital status; pregnancy; physical, mental or sensory disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.