Vi Assistant Fitness Coordinator in Hilton Head Island, South Carolina
Create your own story.
Something inspiring is happening at TidePointe, a Vi continuing care retirement community. There's real energy and enthusiasm, genuine warmth and approachability. And a deep sense of respect and family that's impossible to ignore--between our residents and our staff and, perhaps more importantly, between our team members. Part of a fulfilling career is not just doing work you love, but doing it alongside (and for) people you admire and grow to love. This is the Vi story. How will your story unfold?
Assistant Fitness Coordinator
A desirable opportunity exists for a highly accomplished professional to preserve and/or improve the physical fitness and quality of life of the residents through comprehensive exercise and health programs. You assist the Fitness Coordinator in developing, coordinating and facilitating health and fitness programs and activities.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Teaching a wide range of exercise classes.
* Evaluating and measuring residents' health and fitness status with the appropriate medical-physical protocols and developing individual exercise prescriptions and programs based on assessments.
* Overseeing activities in the fitness room and pool area on a daily basis, assisting residents on a formal and informal basis.
* Motivating and inspiring residents to improve their health and fitness through regular fitness activities -- both on an independent and group basis.
* Conducting strength and cardiovascular equipment demonstrations on proper technique and ensuring that all residents have sufficient knowledge and skill when using the equipment.
Qualified applicants are required to possess 1-3 years of experience in exercise program design and implementation with broad knowledge of current industry guidelines in the interdisciplinary approach to wellness lifestyles. Bachelor's Degree in Health and/or Fitness-Exercise field is required. Current CPR/First Aid certifications are required. American College of Sports Medicine (ASCM) or American Council on Exercise (ACE) Fitness Instructor and/or Personal Trainer certifications is required.
Additional requirements include:
* Excellent communication skills.
* Background in exercise testing and evaluation.
* Must be physically able to demonstrate all aspects of exercise calisthenics and weight training routines
Vi offers hours that support work/life balance, competitive compensation and exceptional benefits. Ours is a luxury work environment where opportunities for career development are delivered in ways few companies can match.
Bring life to your career.
Vi is an equal opportunity employer, committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, regardless of sex; race; color; creed; national origin; religion; age; marital status; pregnancy; physical, mental or sensory disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.