Vi Fitness Coordinator in Highlands Ranch, Colorado
Create your own story.
Something inspiring is happening at Vi, a continuing care retirement community. There's real energy and enthusiasm, genuine warmth and approachability. And a deep sense of respect and family that's impossible to ignore--between our residents and our staff and, perhaps more importantly, between our team members. Part of a fulfilling career is not just doing work you love, but doing it alongside (and for) people you admire and grow to love. This is the Vi story. How will your story unfold?
A desirable opportunity exists for a highly accomplished professional to implement activities and programs that promote health, wellness and physical activity to assist in the well-being of residents and their quality of life. You'll teach a variety of exercise classes and conduct assessments to design and implement customized fitness programs. You'll oversee activity in the fitness room and pool areas assisting residents on a formal and informal basis.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Coordinating with residents' physicians to obtain medical clearance for residents interested in participating in an individualized fitness program.
* Conducting one-on-one fitness assessments; designing and implementing customized fitness programs for residents of different ability levels.
* Coordinating with Director of Resident Services and Lifestyle team to implement Whole Person Wellness initiatives.
* Conducting strength and cardiovascular equipment demonstrations on proper technique and ensuring all residents have sufficient knowledge and skill when using the equipment.
Qualified applicants are required to possess a mininum 3 years of hands-on experience in assessment, design and implementation of exercise programs for all ability levels. Bachelor's Degree in Kinesiology, Gerontology or related field is required. Masters degree in the field of Gerokinesiology is preferred. Balance and Mobility Instructor Specialist certification is required. Current CPR and First Aid certifications are required.
Additional requirements include:
* Excellent communication skills.
* Background in exercise testing and evaluation.
* Must be physically able to demonstrate all aspects of exercise calisthenics and weight training routines
* Computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office.
Vi offers hours that support work/life balance, competitive compensation and exceptional benefits. Ours is a luxury work environment where opportunities for career development are delivered in ways few companies can match.
Bring life to your career.
Vi is an equal opportunity employer, committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, regardless of sex; race; color; creed; national origin; religion; age; marital status; pregnancy; physical, mental or sensory disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.