Vi Lifestyle Manager in Glenview, Illinois
Create your own story.
Something inspiring is happening at Vi, a continuing care retirement community. There's real energy and enthusiasm, genuine warmth and approachability. And a deep sense of respect and family that's impossible to ignore--between our residents and our staff and, perhaps more importantly, between our team members. Part of a fulfilling career is not just doing work you love, but doing it alongside (and for) people you admire and grow to love. This is the Vi story. How will your story unfold?
A desirable opportunity exists for a lifestyle professional to create and implement programs that contribute to whole person wellness for residents in Assisted Living, Memory Support and/or Skilled care. Resident programs would include: social and community involvement, participatory and spectator events, creative and educational programs, lecture series, outings, special interest groups and clubs, fitness classes, etc. In addition to managing the lifestyle staff other responsibilities include but not limited to:
* Communicating and collaborating with other members of the interdisciplinary team to resolve resident care problems, develop care plans/RAPS/MDS and enhance care delivery
* Evaluate the success of individual programs using outcome measures, service standards, and resident feedback. Modify program offerings based on resident desires and preference
* Document care per documentation policy and standards.
* Coordinate and develop relationships with community resources, volunteers, and independent contractors
* Establish and lead the community-based Resident Program Committees
* Prepare, publish and distribute monthly newsletter, activity calendar, and promotional materials
Qualified applicants are required to possess a mininum 5 years experience working with people with dementia/Alzheimer. Prior supervisory experience is required. Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills along with proficiency in MS Office. College Degree or equivalent experience and/or relevant certification is required. ADC (Activity Director Certified) is preferred. Must possess a valid and current driver's license, where applicable. Current CPR and First Aid certifications are required or must be willing and able to become CPR and First Aid certified.
Vi offers hours that support work/life balance, competitive compensation and exceptional benefits. Ours is a luxury work environment where opportunities for career development are delivered in ways few companies can match.
Bring life to your career.
Vi is an equal opportunity employer, committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, regardless of sex; race; color; creed; national origin; religion; age; marital status; pregnancy; physical, mental or sensory disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.