Vi Lifestyle Manager in Glenview, Illinois
Vi is recognized as a Great Place to Work and one of Glassdoor's 100 Best Companies to work for. Learn from the best and accelerate your Lifestyle Manager career with Vi.
What We Offer:
Generous Paid Time Off - start accruing on day one
401k with company match
Paid maternity and paternity benefits
Award-winning training and development
Luxury work environment
Meaningful and rewarding work
A desirable opportunity exists for a lifestyle professional to partner closely with the Lifestyle Director in the creation and implementation of lifestyle enriching programs. These programs are designed to contribute to whole person wellness through social and community involvement, participatory and spectator events, creative and educational coursework, lecture series, travel clubs, book reviews, fitness classes, etc. Assists the Lifestyle Director with the management of the department through planning, coordination and implementation of programs, activities and special events appropriate to the needs and interests of residents. Manages resident transportation, publication of resident newsletters and activity calendar. Provides overall support of Vi's Living Well philosophy which focuses on engagement opportunities focused on mind, body and spirit. Performs other duties as assigned.
* Manages corporate-initiated and community Living Well initiatives.
* Assists with the development and implementation of programs and activities that contribute to the enrichment and healthy aging of residents based on the Living Well dimensions of wellness: mind, body and spirit.
* Collect data for the evaluation of individual programs using outcome measures, service standards, and resident feedback. Modifies program offerings based on resident desires and preferences.
* Manages production of activity calendar, resident newsletter and other program marketing materials.
* Responsible for adding content for resident facing technology: digital sign, Alexa, community app.
* Provides overall community technology support in relation to some aspects of audio/visual equipment and resident communication platforms.
* Responsible for managing resident transportation.
* Collaborates across community functional areas to utilize resources and build relationships.
* In partnership with the Lifestyle Director, builds relationships with local community resources, volunteers and independent contractors.
In addition to managing the lifestyle staff other responsibilities include but not limited to:
* Education: Bachelor's Degree in leisure studies, recreational therapy, gerontology, wellness or related field is preferred; minimum 2 years of related college coursework or Associate's Degree required.
* Work Experience: Minimum 5 years of related experience in the field of wellness, recreation or appropriate experience in assessing, designing and implementing programs is required.
* Licensure / Certification: Possess or willing to obtain a wellness certificate. ICAA Leadership in Wellness certificate is preferred. Must possess a valid and current driver's license, where applicable. Current CPR and First Aid certifications are required or must be willing and able to become CPR and First Aid certified.
Create your own story.
Something inspiring is happening at Vi, a continuing care retirement community. There's real energy and enthusiasm, genuine warmth and approachability. And a deep sense of respect and family that's impossible to ignore--between our residents and our staff and, perhaps more importantly, between our team members. Part of a fulfilling career is not just doing work you love, but doing it alongside (and for) people you admire and grow to love. This is the Vi story. How will your story unfold?
Bring life to your career.
Equal Opportunity Employer--minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity
Keyword Tags: Wellness Center Nurse, Registered Nurse, Senior Living, Healthcare, Nursing Home, Hospice, Assisted Living
2500 Indigo Lane, Glenview, Illinois 60026
Vi is an equal opportunity employer, committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, regardless of sex; race; color; creed; national origin; religion; age; marital status; pregnancy; physical, mental or sensory disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.