Vi Housekeeping Manager in Glenview, Illinois
Create your own story.
Something inspiring is happening at Vi, a continuing care retirement community. There's real energy and enthusiasm, genuine warmth and approachability. And a deep sense of respect and family that's impossible to ignore--between our residents and our staff and, perhaps more importantly, between our team members. Part of a fulfilling career is not just doing work you love, but doing it alongside (and for) people you admire and grow to love. This is the Vi story. How will your story unfold?
A desirable opportunity exists for on a highly accomplished professional to manage Vi's housekeeping team. The selected candidate will have responsible for assisting the Director of Housekeeping in monitoring the community cleanliness and laundry processing. This includes, but is not limited to:
* Interviewing, hiring, training and development, scheduling, supervising, counseling, performance evaluation, functional development, disciplinary action, and terminating employees on the Housekeeping and Laundry staff
* Ensures housekeeping activities are conducted in a cost-effective manner.
* Continuously monitors and evaluates staffing ratios and patterns and recommends appropriate staffing levels to meet business demands.
Qualified applicants are required to possess a minimum of 5 years of progressive housekeeping experience with prior supervisory responsibility. Hospitality, Healthcare, Environmental Services or Senior Living Environment is preferred. High school diploma or GED equivalent is required. Associate Degree in related field or equivalent years of experience in the field is required. Bachelor's Degree is preferred. Member of International Executive Housekeepers Association, Inc. (I.E.H.A.), Certified Executive Housekeeper (C.E.H.), is a plus. Must possess a valid and current driver's license, where applicable.
Additional requirements include:
* Demonstrates ability to lead and manage employees.
* Must have outstanding communication skills, problem solving skills and ability to interface and maintain effective relationships with all departments, residents, family members and employees in a team-oriented environment.
* Must be capable of operating and maintaining all housekeeping / laundry equipment; i.e., pressing machines, commercial washer/dryer, buffing machines, etc.
* Knowledge of state and federal regulations; i.e., OSHA standards.
* Basic working knowledge of MS Office.
Vi offers hours that support work/life balance, competitive compensation and exceptional benefits. Ours is a luxury work environment where opportunities for career development are delivered in ways few companies can match.
Bring life to your career.
Vi is an equal opportunity employer, committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, regardless of sex; race; color; creed; national origin; religion; age; marital status; pregnancy; physical, mental or sensory disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.