Vi Part Time HRIS Apprentice in Chicago, Illinois
Vi, recognized as a Great Place to Work and one of Glassdoor's 100 Best Places to Work, owns, operates and develops luxury continuing care retirement communities (CCRCs) in some of the most desirable locations in the United States. With our award-winning and nationally-recognized training and development programs, Vi offers students a unique opportunity to work in a high-performing organization with the chance to participate in Vi's Management Development Program.
The HRIS Apprentice provides support for the company's Human Resources systems as assigned. Assists the Director of HRIS with system configuration and enhancements, security, system support, maintenance, troubleshooting, reporting and analytics, internal and external interfaces, and training. Performs other duties as assigned.
Principal Accountabilities / Essential Job Functions:
* Handles tier 1 tickets including but not limited to HR, Time and Payroll requests.
* Routinely audits data files (i.e. Employee Census File) against Time and Core HR data.
* Monitors HR interfaces, report failures and completes basic troubleshooting / review before escalation.
* Generates HR reports on an ad hoc, daily, monthly or other frequency and creates basic reports as needed.
* Assists with reviewing HR system documentation to ensure consistency and relevancy of content.
* Partners with Director of HRIS to manage release notifications, complete system testing and/or review updated configuration.
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Must be detail-oriented, self-starter and handle sensitive, confidential information on a regular basis.
* Ability to provide strong customer-focus.
* Proficient in Excel. Has the ability to create pivot tables and perform other functions within the program to complete an efficient analysis of information including information from multiple sources as necessary.
* Ability to learn how to create basic reports utilizing one or more report-writing applications; ability to gain a basic understanding of SQL commands.
* Ability to understand relational databases.
* Ability to learn application integrations and conversions including data access methodologies.
* Ability to learn systems lifecycle best practices (design, develop, test, deploy) and HR general practices.
* Ability to learn how to troubleshoot systems for user reported problems. Ability to review application "logs" and other system administration skills, working along with the vendor, to get to root cause.
* Education and Experience: *
* Education: Working towards an Associate's degree in Computer Science, Business or General Studies wtih an emphasis or interest in Human Resources
* Experience: Enrolled in accredited Associate's Degree Program. Experience in a business environment is preferred.
* Licensure / Certification: None.
Vi is an equal opportunity employer, committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, regardless of sex; race; color; creed; national origin; religion; age; marital status; pregnancy; physical, mental or sensory disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.