Vi Corporate Employee Relations Specialist in Chicago, Illinois
Vi is the parent organization of ten exclusive continuing care retirement communities (CCRC) in some of the nation's most desirable locales. The Corporate HR Generalist, in conjunction with the Assistant VP of HR and Employee Relations, is responsible for supporting the company's employee relations practices, policies, and strategic HR initiatives with a goal to maintain a positive and engaging work environment. This position acts as a key resource for HR staff and Company leaders, providing advice and guidance on Company policies, employee discipline, and applicable employment-related regulations, including Title VII, FMLA, ADA, and DOL requirements.
You will need a generalist background with expertise in employee relations, drug testing and policy administration, and knowledge of the unemployment claims process as you will:
* Investigate employee complaints, workplace issues, and allegations of employee misconduct, including claims of workplace discrimination or harassment. Recommend appropriate responses to concerns, based on applicable laws, Company policies, and other applicable guidelines.
* Support compliance and proper application of employment practices. Provide guidance on Company policies and applicable employment-related regulations, including Title VII, FMLA, ADA, and DOL requirements.
* Research and interpret employment laws to develop and aid in the implementation of HR policies.
* Lead analysis and report on issues and trends identified through the Company's exit interview process. Follow-up on issues and make recommendations as necessary.
* Provide oversight for the Company's unemployment claims process, including evaluating which claims to contest and representing the Company at telephonic hearings.
* Manage the Company's drug testing program including policy administration, coordination of random testing, and compliance support. Provide guidance on the Company's Drug Free Workplace policy.
* Coordinate cross-functionally to support the Company's general HR strategies, including recruitment, onboarding, performance management, training and development, compensation, and benefits.
* Communicate key HR information and practices.
* Present employee training to increase understanding of employee relations policies and procedures.
In addition to a Bachelor's degree in HR or related field, you will need a minimum of 5 years prior HR experience managing employee relations issues and /or HR compliance. Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and be detail oriented, organized with ability to multi-task and work independently leveraging both internal and external resources.
Proficient in MS Office, to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. PHR or SPHR certification is preferred.
Vi is a place where self-directed professionals apply entrepreneurial passion to corporate vision and strategy, across functions, building our premium brand into something irresistible. For those compelled by superior performance and driven to find the better way, working at Vi will bring new life to your career!
Vi offers hours that support work/life balance, competitive compensation and exceptional benefits. Ours is a luxury work environment where opportunities for career development are delivered in ways few companies can match.
Bring life to your career.
Vi is an equal opportunity employer, committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, regardless of sex; race; color; creed; national origin; religion; age; marital status; pregnancy; physical, mental or sensory disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.