Vi Business Development Manager in Aventura, Florida
Create your own story.
Something inspiring is happening at Vi, a continuing care retirement community. There's real energy and enthusiasm, genuine warmth and approachability. And a deep sense of respect and family that's impossible to ignore--between our residents and our staff and, perhaps more importantly, between our team members. Part of a fulfilling career is not just doing work you love, but doing it alongside (and for) people you admire and grow to love. This is the Vi story. How will your story unfold?
Business Development Manager
This position is responsible for cultivating community relations strategies in the community resulting in referrals, lead generation and sales. Performs other duties as assigned. This is a safety sensitive position.
Principal Accountabilities / Essential Job Functions:
* Leads the development, execution, and evaluation of effective marketing/public relations strategies and tactics that in coordination with public relation firms result in increased referrals, lead generation, and sales for the community with a goal of attracting a diverse resident population.
* Prospects for potential new clients and business opportunities by networking, cold calling, and generating interest from potential referral sources.
* Identifies untapped/new markets that are not currently being served by the community and develops strategic plans to establish relationships within them.
* Assists the Executive Director by suggesting changes to existing programs and services that would positively influence the interest of potential new markets and customers not currently being served by the community.
* Coordinates meetings between key decision makers and influencers and the Executive Director and/or appropriate Cabinet team members fostering relationships with potential new business sources.
* Identifies advertising opportunities to promote the services the community can provide to potential new clients.
* Through strategic planning, develops a pipeline for supporting the Company's vision of appealing to a more diverse resident population.
* Participates in conferences and industry organizations to increase general awareness of the community.
* Conducts tours of the community and helps to appropriately refer sources and prospects. Assists with prospective residents as needed.
* Supports the annual Sales and Marketing Plan to achieve departmental goals for number ofsales, move-ins, and occupancy with a focus on generating new business opportunities to achieve this. * Maintains resident confidentiality; complies with HIPAA regulations.
* Performs duties in a timely and efficient manner.
* Excellent interpersonal, communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills including public speaking.
* Demonstrates patience and the ability to deal with the stress and the needs of older adults.
* Ability to network with community leaders, organizations, and professionals in the local market.
* Possess a good working relationship with the local media.
* Business and financial acumen.
* Ability to work independently; excellent organization and time management skills.
* English and Spanish preferred. Can read, write and speak with a proficiency rating at a business level.
* Must be sensitive to the needs of older adults and enjoy working with a senior population.
* Proficient in PowerPoint, Microsoft Word, and Excel.
* Knowledgeable about the healthcare services, and/or continuum of care in all venues in the community (independent living, assisted living, memory support and skilled nursing), is preferred.
Education and Experience:
* Education: Bachelor's Degree is required.
* Work Experience: Minimum 3-5 years of experience in cultivating business development in the community to include networking, cold-calling and presenting to various size groups, organizations and individuals with proven ability to influence others is required.
* Licenses: Must possess a valid and current state driver's license.
Ours is a luxury work environment where opportunities for career development are delivered in ways few companies can match. Vi offers competitive compensation and exceptional benefits.
Bring life to your career.
Vi is an equal opportunity employer, committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, regardless of sex; race; color; creed; national origin; religion; age; marital status; pregnancy; physical, mental or sensory disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.